Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Finding a new home

We have started looking for a home to buy. With gas prices going up we thought it would be good if we could find a place near my work so it could cut our gas expenditure down a bit. We have been looking at homes in West Jordan. The few we looked at have been interesting. How some people decorate is amazing... who wants bright pink carpet through their whole house... Gross!

As cool as it is to look for houses, it scares the crap out of me. We are able to afford it, and still pay for my school and do some fun stuff, but I do think that it is going to be somewhat of a stretch for us. As much as I want to get into a home myself it is important for me that we make a smart financial decision. I refuse to get us into something that does not make sense and keeps us house poor. Anyway I hope we can find something soon, I don't think I could stand to live in the heat of our basement apartment again. I will keep you posted on what we find and decide to do.

3 comments:

Regan Duckworth said...

I like bright pink carpet.

Martha said...

So much fun ... and stressful too! Good luck in finding a home. I had no idea you came to my site! James installed a site tracker so we could see who comes to our site and was thrilled to find your site!! You're wedding pics are gorgeous! What a beautiful bride. Now we can keep track of each other ... and keep in touch.

Nichole said...

That is SOOOOOO exciting for you guys! We live in South Jordan and so we will be pretty close if you do end up buying in West Jordan. Where in West Jordan are you looking? Are you going to build? There are a lot of great things going on in West Jordan. Good luck and keep us updated