Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Valintien's Day!


This year was a great Valentines. Isn't the cake hilarious? My aunt bought it at Costco. They tried to give it to her for free because of the spelling error, but my aunt thought it was great! We were grateful that Valentine's fell on a Saturday this year so that we could spend the entire day together. Usually it falls on an evening when Preston has late class, or that I am teaching late. The celebration began on Friday. One of the great things about teaching at an elementary school is being able to celebrate holidays with fun activities and games. A few of my students gave me Valentines. I even got a plant from Cactus and Tropicals, which is one of my favorite stores!

This is one of my cute students with her Valentines box that she made. Isn't she cute?


On Saturday morning I woke up to flowers being delivered from my cute dad! He is so thoughtful! For gifts Preston and I got each other the Wii-Fit and a new cover for our Lovesack, since the zebra stripes don't really go with the rest of our furniture. I still can't believe how much they charge for just a cover! 

  Somehow during the years, my Lovesack came unzipped. We were very grateful that it was not a hole like we first thought. But needless to say swapping the cover was a larger project than we originally thought. I think we will be finding miniature foam pieces for weeks to come (they are like those foam peanuts that stick to you when you open a package). 

For dinner we were craving sushi and went to Mikado. Unfortunately, we didn't think to make reservations, but it was well worth the wait! My cute cousin who was working decided to buy us dessert (a delicious bananas foster) it was amazing! Thanks Ang!

5 comments:

Steph said...

Yeah, we were. But then they couldnt even wait until this summer. So now we will try next summer. Boo, but thats how it goes I guess. I have been thinking about you and miss seeing you!

Steph said...

Yay! I am so glad that you love them. And the ones that they have at Smiths are so cute! You can use them for everything too. We really need to do something soon. I miss you!

Steph said...

The earliest we can do it is Saturday. How does that work for you guys?

Nicole Goeckeritz said...

Your cake is most impressive!

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had a good time! I LOVE the Wii Fit! So much fun! Hope you guys are doing well!