Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hike

For our birthdays this last year, Preston and I both got hiking shoes. Hooray! I have been wanting some good ones for quite awhile now. I love to hike and we decided with our friends Mike and Madison that we are going to try and go hiking every other weekend. Madison and Mike have a great book called 60 hikes within 60 miles that lists hikes all around the Salt Lake Valley. It also listed details about what the hike is like: how steep, how long etc. Well it also lists difficulty levels. Since it was our first hike of the season we decided to go for one that was listed as easy. However, I guess we must all be a little out of shape, because none of us thought it was easy. Maybe average....
Check out the view from the top! Isn't it beautiful?
The hike was called the Living Room and it is up by Red Butte at the U. It was really fun. There are sandstone slabs that people have arranged to look like living room furniture with ottomans and couches and chairs :-) This one is my favorite. Note the remote control that someone made with the rocks :-)

Next time I want to hike further and go to a place called the tower. Has anyone been there? It sounds neat.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Wow that hike looks like a lot of fun! I've never heard of it! One of the best hikes I have ever been on is Mount Timpanoogee. I think that is how it is spelt!? Anyway, it is the back of Timpanogas and you climb to the top and look out over Utah AND Salt Lake county. It is seriously the most rewarding hike ever! It's not easy but so worth it!! Good luck with your hikes...it sounds like a lot of fun!

Julia said...

hey ya...will you change my link to just my first name by chance?! not loving the google search on it!