Sunday, September 13, 2009

Miscarriage

Preston and I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year now. We want a little baby so bad. We have been very nervous that we would not be able to get pregnant because my mom as well as his mom had a very hard time getting pregnant. I found out two weeks ago that we were pregnant, but that I was miscarrying the baby. (they think I was about 5-6 weeks) I found out the day that I left out of town for a work retreat and it was so hard, not to be able to talk to anyone about what was going on (at that point my doctor didn't know if I was miscarrying until they did the blood work) My HcG counts are still above what they should be after a miscarriage, and so I have had to have my blood drawn four times now. (which my insurance doesn't cover...) Because the miscarriage happened the night before we moved, I have been an emotional mess, as well as physically tired from the stress of moving/getting the dog as well as the miscarriage. I guess the silver lining in all of this, is that we were able to get pregnant.

3 comments:

Martha said...

I'm so sorry Melissa. Miscarriages are hard... so hard. My heart goes out to you and Preston. Hang in there, okay, and truly, the best advice I found was to allow yourself to morn. Allow yourself to have several good cries and then listen to beautiful general conference talks on hope! That's what helped me through the hard times. Take care. It is a good thing that you were able to get pregnant. That is huge! My prayers are with you both.

Lisa said...

I'm sorry you had to go through that. Miscarriages aren't fun. Especially the waiting part and all the blood tests. Been there, done that and it seems to take forever. Hang in there. It will work out in the Lord's time.

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

oh Man Meliss, I'm so sorry to hear about that. You'll get through it. That is a good thing that you were able to get pregnant. You have to remember that. Be patient and don't stress. You have to remember that it's all in the Lords time, not yours. He knows when he want you to have a baby. Good luck!