Saturday, August 16, 2008

April & Nate's Wedding

Well I can't believe it. My little sister is all grown up. This past month I have thought a lot about growing up with her. I have some really great memories. I was glad when Miss and I were married because it expanded our little family of four to five. Last August, April started dating Nate. Three weeks after they met we were having our family pictures taken up at the cabin. Miss kept trying to convince Nate to join us (you know just in case they got married and we needed a new family picture.) But no he was not in any of the family pictures, and now Miss loves to rub it in that she was right :-)



This is Miss and I at the temple that morning. It was such a crazy day. It was pouring before she came out, and then turned to a drizzle as she came out, and then was sunny for most of their pictures! It was beautiful!


Here is another picture of us! Who needs the bride and groom :-) I have got to say that I am glad that Miss let me choose my tux and that we didn't have weird colors for our wedding. The winners that day for best dressed was a kid with a top hat and cane and a bright blue sash on his tux. He was kinda lurpy looking and the hat was just much too big for his poor head. ( it nearly covered his eyes!) It ended up being such a busy day at the temple. (which is why we rode trax) and were early for a change! It was 08-08-08; which was the actual day when April and Nate met, but since of course many other couples thought it would be cool to get married on 08-08-08 waiting to get pictures on the steps was kinda like waiting in line at an amusement park.



This is Miss's bridesmaids dress. Her colors were very classic. Burgundy, and black with red roses. Her bouquet was beautiful. They even left in a classic old mustang.

April and Nate were in love from the day they met, which was on myspace too... :-) Miss and April went to lunch just after they had started dating and April had told Miss that she wanted to marry Nate. We are glad Nate is a part of our family, He is a really great guy. I couldn't wish for anybody different for her.

I love dancing with Miss. I think that night I ended up singing six or seven songs. Got to love the Ken Foster Trio.




After everything was finished we decided to take the party to the Belgium Waffle at midnight. Seriously who hangs out with their parents on a Friday night at the Begium Waffle? :-) We had the funniest waitress, I think she had a different nickname for each of us. If I can remember, the names were sugar, tiger, honey, sweetheart, and darling. (there could have been more but I cant remember.) She took this picture by nearly sitting on the guys lap in the booth next to us. You should have seen the guys face! It was really funny.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

It has been fun seeing you guys at all the weddings! I posted the picture of you guys on our blog. So come check it out. I thought the story about getting waffles at midnight was funny. What a great idea!